Let us be honest, Windows is great but Mac is just cool, especially the trademark dock.
Turns out that it is easy to add that cool dock to Windows.
Both apps are light weight and easy to install. Simply a case of downloading the app, running the install and then dragging the icons you wish to use onto the dock.
Why use a Dock?
The answer is simple: Easy Access!
You can place links to the programmes and apps you use frequently on the dock.
The dock then works like the windows taskbar. You can set the dock to reside in a position of your choosing on your desktop. Depending on your settings, the dock then can hide until you pull your mouse pointer to the designated area of the screen or like the taskbar it can remain visible at all times.
This then allows you to quickly access links to your apps saving time and effort.
Which Dock to Use?
- Minimize windows to the dock
- Real-time window previews in Vista
- Running application indicators
- Simple drag-n-drop interface
- Supports alpha-blended PNG and ICO icons
- Icons zoom and transition smoothly
- Auto-hide and Popup on mouse over
- Positioning and layering options
- Fully customizable
- Completely Portable
- ObjectDock Docklet support
- Compatible with MobyDock, ObjectDock, RK Launcher, and Y'z Dock skins
- Runs great on slower computers
- Unicode compliant
- Supports many languages and can easily be translated
- A friendly user base :)
- And best of all... its FREE!!!
Winstep Nexus Features
- Display running applications on the dock with task grouping, filtering and icon customization options
- Display system tray on the dock as single or grouped icons
- Blur-Behind and colorization of dock backgrounds
- Monitor active connections and bandwidth usage with Net Meter module
- Get weather forecast for over 39,000 cities world-wide
- Multiple mouse over effects: zoom, swing, bounce and more
- Live icon reflections and animated water-like effects for reflections and dock backgrounds
- Easily change appearance of icons of running programs and shortcuts by drag & dropping PNG, ICO and TIF files directly into the icon
- Multi-monitor support
- Compatible with skins for all 3rd party docks